Layer Chicken Cage Specification
Battery Cage System Model No. designation:
- HT” – Hightop® brand;
- “A” – A shape;
- “34” – 3 tiers 4 nests (doors);
- “L” – Large size
|Model||Overall size (L x W x H)||Nest per strip||Total nests (doors)||Size of the nest||Chickens/nest||Capacity (Birds/Set)|
|HT-A34 (Hot sale)||1.88 x 2.1 x 1.5 m||4||24||0.47 x 0.35 x 0.37 x 0.32 m||4||96|
|HT-A45L (Hot sale)||2.15 x 2.4 x 1.95 m||5||40||0.43 x 0.38 x 0.38 x 0.33 m||4||160|
|HT-A34-Half||1.88 x 1.1m x 1.5 m||4||12||0.47 x 0.35 x 0.37 x 0.33 m||4||48|
|HT-A34L||2.0 x 2.1 x 1.5 m||4||24||0.50 x 0.38 x 0.38 x 0.33 m||4||96|
|HT-A35L||2.15 x 2.1 x 1.5 m||5||30||0.43 x 0.38 x 0.38 x 0.33 m||4||120|
|HT-A44||1.88 x 2.4 x 1.95 m||4||32||0.47 x 0.35 x 0.37 x 0.32 m||4||128|
|HT-A44L||2.0 x 2.4 x 1.95 m||4||32||0.50 x 0.38 x 0.38 x 0.33 m||4||128|
|Material||Low carbon steel Q235;|
|Surface Treatment and Service Life||Electro galvanized, Zinc coating ≤ 8 g/m2, (7-10 years);|
Hot-dip galvanized, Zinc coating: ≤ 275 g/m2, (15-20 years);
PVC coated (7 years)
Notes: The service life depends on the surrounding environment.
What is a layer chicken cage?
A layer chicken cage is a kind of poultry cage, also known as battery cage system, which is used for rearing egg-hens after the pullet grown for 12 to 16 weeks, it is used in chicken farm to increse egg production.
Why choose layer chicken cage?
The biggest advantage of layer cage is that they effectively increase egg production to 98%. They also make it very easy to handle chicken waste (especially manure) and to reduce transmission of diseases.
How to choose the chicken farm equipment you need?
- If you have less than 2,000 layer chickens we advise you to only buy poultry cage. Drinking system is automated, but workers need to feed the chicken manually, as well as collect the eggs, and remove the droppings.
- If you have between 5,000 and 10,000 chickens we suggest you purchase the manure removal machine as well as battery cages. By removing the droppings timeously, you will reduce the possibility of disease and improve the egg production rate, at the same time saving even more time and labor costs. The scraper type manure removal machine is the most economical type. A semi-automatic chicken feeding machine is also necessary for this quantity of chickens. It is small and costs less than a fully automatic chicken feeding machine, and because it uses a battery cage, you will avoid the inconvenience of power failures. You can feed 10,000 chicken in just half an hour, and save a lot on labor.
- If you have more than 10,000 layer chickens you may need to get fully automatic equipment including battery cage, automatic chicken feeder, automatic egg collector, as well as manure scraper (automatic manure removal system). If the scale of your operation exceeds 50,000 chickens, you will need a feed silo. For less than 50,000 chickens you can just use one screw conveyor to convey the food to the hopper. If you want to build a closed system, you need to know that an exhaust fan and cooling pad are necessary environment control equipment items. If you use an open system and the weather is hot, you can use a fogger.
Or you can just contact us directly, tell us how many chickens you want to feed, whether you have built the chicken house yet, or what the size of your chicken house needs to be. Send your enquiry to our email: sales(at)china-chickencage.com and we will arrange for our sales manager to contact you via email or whatsapp to give you suitable advice.
The best raw materials of Hightop battery cage system
The hardness of metal wire depends on its carbon content. The metal wire we use for our layer chicken cage comes from a large steel factory in China and it is very tough and hard, as well as ductile and malleable so that it is not damaged under stress. Our battery cage generally has a service life that is at least three years more than the common factory-made types.
Service life up to 30 years
The heavy galvanized or Galfan coating on mesh surface of layer cage will ensure your chicken cage protected from corrosion and rust for at least 20 years, while the battery cage itself will last for double this time.
Battery cage system mesh design
The big sliding door design makes it easy to manage the chickens. The density of the bottom cage mesh also prevents feather and anus pecking, and minimizes layer chicken fatigue syndrome.
All necessary accessories are included
Accessories incluing regulator or water tanks, water tank frames, nipple drinkers, installation tools, M-nails, water pipes, connectors for the pipe, feeder connectors, end cups, and the best type of PVC feeder troughs.
Very easy to install.
We can send poultry cage installation video to you. You can check it out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htrRyqfKb6s
Free layout design
We offer a free design service based on the size of poultry house or coop you want.
- Chickens will start laying eggs when they are between 12 and 16 weeks old. So when they are this age, transfer them to the layer cage
- We can provide a free layout design according to your chicken coop size. Alternatively, we can give you suitable advice according to the quantity of chickens you want to feed if you have not already built your chicken house.
- Our semi-automatic chicken feeder is 0.55 m wide. The minimum width to be able to use our semi-automatic chicken feeder is 0.7 m, but if your area is very hot, and the scale of the chicken house is large, the width can be bigger to ensure good ventilation. Usually we design walkways to be between 0.7 m and 1.2 m.
- If you plan to use our manure scraper, the depth of the channel should be about 50 cm.
- The 3-tier chicken cage is 1.5m long and the 4-tier cage is 1.95m, so the height of the chicken house should be about 2.8 m to 3 m.
If LCL handles delivery, you will receive your goods in firm, solid packaging
Many customers order full containers and get back to our company after they receive the goods
We can also provide poultry house layout design